St. Claire Hosts 2nd Annual Research Day
On April 29, St. Claire Regional Medical Center celebrated its 2nd Annual Research Day and Poster Presentation Session. Open to students, residents and professionals alike, the goal of Research Day is to promote scholarly activity and research in a way that transcends individual disciplines, bringing together medical professionals and learners from across the health care spectrum.
Research Day opened with an hour-long educational session led by Roberto Cardarelli, D.O., MPH, on implementation research and continued with a two-hour poster presentation session. A total of 21 posters were presented with more than 40 participants. Lunch was provided by the University of Kentucky Center for Clinical and Translational Science.
“Keeping medical providers informed of new research is important in providing the best possible care to patients in our region,” said KaSandra Hensley, education coordinator for the Northeast Kentucky Area Health Education Center, who accredited Dr. Cardarelli’s presentation. “We are excited that we were able to assist with this event, and look forward to participating next year.”
This year’s participants included representatives from the following:
- St. Claire Regional Medical Center’s Learning & Organizational Development team
- St. Claire Family Medicine – Morehead
- St. Claire Family Medicine Residency Program
- University of Kentucky Physician Assistant Program
- University of Kentucky Rural Physician Leadership Program
- Morehead State University Nursing Program