NE KY AHEC Kentucky Rural Health Association Student Chapter
The mission of the NE KY AHEC Kentucky Rural Health Association Student Chapter (KRHA-SC) is to increase the region’s focus on health through community education and engagement.
The KRHA-SC is open to all undergraduate students currently enrolled in a pre-professional healthcare program within the Northeast KY region. The student chapter was created to make members more competitive when applying to their respective professional program. This is accomplished through offering shadowing, community service, and state and national presentation opportunities.
Members will also be given greater consideration when applying to our Successfully Training & Educating Pre-medical Students (STEPS) program and the Summer Health Internship Program (SHIP).
BeCOME A MEMBER TODAY!
If you are interested in joining the student chapter simply complete the free student member application at neahec.org/KRHAapply and email Jeremy Oliver to be added to the student email list.
To see a current activity log and point totals, click here.
- President: Shalyn Carter
- Vice President: Warren Price
- Public Relations Executive: Travis Day
- Secretary/Treasurer: Gabrielle Merrill
- KRHA Legislative Day (Feb. 22, 2018)
- Build a Bed (April 14, 2018)
- Cave Run Red River Gorge Mountain Bike Alliance trail maintenance (TBA)
- Community Baby Shower (April 7, 2018)
- NRHA conference, New Orleans, LA (May 8th- 11th, 2018)
- Rural Health Scholar Summer Camp (July 23-25)