Rural Health Scholars is open to any high school junior or senior in the NE KY AHEC service region who is interested in pursuing a health care career after high school.
Students are given weekly homework assignments and asked to participate in a variety of hands-on activities and discussions. To be eligible for Rural Health Scholars, a student must:
- Be a high school junior or senior in one of the 17 counties served by NE KY AHEC
- Have an interest in pursuing a health care career after graduation
How to Apply
The following documents are required for application:
- Completed Rural Health Scholars Program Application including:
- One (1) 500-word personal essay, typed and double-spaced
- Copy of high school transcript
- One (1) completed teacher recommendation form (Teachers are responsible for sending in this form. The student is not supposed to have this attached with the application.)
Applications for the 2017 class of Rural Health Scholars is now open. Applications for the 2017 class will close February 17, 2017.