Rural Health Scholars is a program designed for high school students' who live within the NE KY AHEC service region and who are interested in pursuing a health care career after high school. In order to be considered for this two-year program, students must apply during their sophomore year. Once accepted, the student will be a member of the program for both their junior and senior years.
Students meet monthly to participate in a variety of hands-on activities and discussions. To be eligible for Rural Health Scholars, a student must:
- Apply during sophomore year and live in one of the 17 counties served by NE KY AHEC
- Have an interest in pursuing a health care career after graduation
How to Apply
The following documents are required for application:
- Completed Rural Health Scholars Program Application including:
- One (1) 500-word personal essay, typed and double-spaced
- Copy of high school transcript
- One (1) completed teacher recommendation form (Teachers are responsible for sending in this form. The student is not supposed to have this attached with the application.)
Applications for the 2019 class of Rural Health Scholars is now open. Applications for the 2019 class will close December 31, 2018.