SUCCESSFULLY TRAINING AND EDUCATING PRE-MEDICAL STUDENTS
Successfully Training and Educating Pre-Medical Students (STEPS) is targeted at college juniors from the NE AHEC region who are planning to attend medical school. This unique program provides college students the opportunity to receive KAPLAN MCAT preparation programs, Mock interview sessions, personal statement reviews, job shadowing and community service.
For more information about this program and its benefits, check out the Rural Health Information Hub's Rural Project Summary by clicking here.
Eligible students must:
- Be a college junior pursuing an MD or DO degree
- Be signed up to take the MCAT during the following year
- Have a 3.25 cumulative GPA in biology, chemistry, physics, and math
- Submit 1 letter of recommendation from your college faculty. This MUST be mailed directly from the faculty members to Donald Damron at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted beginning August 1, 2018
- Fill out the online application by the deadline
- Application requires
- One (1) 500 word essay
- Attachment of your college transcript.
- Top candidates will be selected for interview
- Students selected to participate in STEPS will be notified by phone or email
Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
For more information, contact Donald Damron by email or phone at 606.783.6453.